Variegated Green Bean Salad
Serves 4: 500 g green beans, salt, 2 eggs, 3 tbsp. tablespoons of white wine vinegar, pepper, 1 pinch of ground ginger, 2 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar, 6 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil, 125 g of shallots, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 head of lettuce, 2 sprigs of parsley.
Peel the green beans. Cook in salted water for about 12 minutes. Hard boil the eggs. Place the beans on a sieve, rinse with cold water and drain. Peel the eggs. Toss the vinegar with salt, pepper, ginger and a pinch of sugar. Whisking, add 5 tbsp. tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle the beans with the resulting marinade and let it brew for 20 minutes.
Cut the shallots in half lengthwise. Heat the remaining oil in a skillet and simmer shallots in it, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and let it melt slightly. Season with cayenne pepper. Wash the salad and chop finely. Divide into bowls with bean salad and chopped eggs. Sprinkle with shallots and garnish with parsley sprigs.
Valery Brizhan, gardener
ALWAYS keep this TREASURE YOURSELF
Bulgarian pepper - 1 kg.,
+ ripe tomatoes - 3 kg.,
+ onions - 1 kg.,
+ carrots - 1 kg.,
+ sugar - 6 tbsp. heaped spoons,
+ vegetable oil - 300 gr.,
+ vinegar 6% - 6 tbsp. spoons,
+ salt - 6 tbsp. spoons without a slide.
The recipe for the salad for the winter "Wit": Rinse and dry the vegetables well. Cut the tomatoes into slices, the onion into half rings.
Cut sweet peppers and carrots into strips. Place the vegetables in a large saucepan, add salt, sugar, oil and mix well. Let the mixture stand for 3 - 4 hours to let the juice stand out.
Put the mixed ingredients on fire, bring to a boil, add vinegar and simmer for another 3 - 5 minutes. After 3 - 5 minutes of boiling, immediately put the salad in sterilized jars, roll up, turn upside down, wrap and leave to cool completely. Store the prepared salad for the winter in a cool place. Salad for the winter "Wit" is ready!
How to cook:
Fasolada or Greek borscht is prepared for 3 liters of water. Beans for beans are soaked overnight. Put the beans in boiling water and cook them over low heat for 40 minutes. After 30 minutes, as the beans are cooked, grind cabbage, zucchini, onion, garlic in a blender until puree. Add tomato paste and olive oil to the puree, pouring into a saucepan, stirring occasionally. After 40 minutes, cut the potatoes and carrots into small cubes, put them in a saucepan. Cook until tender. Serve the Greek borscht hot, adding a couple of lemon slices to it.
How to cook:
The soup is prepared for 3 liters of water. In boiling water, cook meat broth from pork or beef bones. Once the foam has been removed from the broth, add the beans and one finely chopped onion to it. The beans must be pre-soaked in cold water for 6-8 hours, changing the water every 3 hours. Once the water has boiled, reduce the heat to low and leave our broth to simmer for 40 minutes. In the meantime, you can tackle the tomatoes. You can save time and take tomato paste instead, two tablespoons will be enough. If you are using fresh tomatoes, then it is advisable to squeeze them in a colander in order to remove excess liquid. Before placing them in a colander, cut the tomatoes into 4 wedges and peel them off with a knife. Then in a preheated frying pan we pass the second finely chopped onion, add the tomatoes to it, squeeze out the garlic and lightly sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of flour. Fry our pasta for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Then, along with chopped potatoes and carrots, put the pasta in the soup, salt and season with spices. Cook until tender. Serve hot, decorate the soup with herbs and chopped red pepper. If there is homemade thick sour cream in the house, then it is also perfect for this dish.
How to cook:
Beans must be soaked for 6-8 hours before boiling. In a separate saucepan, simmer pork with onions, carrots and garlic. Beans and pork should cook for about an hour. 10 minutes before cooking, prepare the sauce. Grind the walnuts and garlic in a blender, add tomato paste and olive oil to the puree, and then put the spices in the puree. Remove the beans from the heat, discard them in a colander and rinse well with hot water. Then we transfer the beans to the pan where the pork is stewed, add the sauce, salt, season with spices and mix gently. Leave the lobio to stew for another 15 minutes. We serve only hot, straight from the fire.
How to cook:
Boil beans, fish, cabbage and rice. Transfer everything to a blender, add onion, salt, pepper and spices. Bring to a puree consistency. Cooking batter. Grate the carrots on the finest grater, mix with eggs and flour. Then we form flat cutlets from the fish and bean dough, it can be in a whole pan, bread in breadcrumbs and moisten well in batter. Fry until golden brown on each side for 5-10 minutes over low heat.
How to cook:
Beans must be soaked overnight, and then boiled so that they are firm and sandy, you cannot boil them. While the beans are boiling, boil the offal. After the offal has been cooked, we pass them through a meat grinder along with fresh carrots, onions, garlic and, at the very end, peeled peanuts. If the minced meat turned out with large fragments - it doesn't matter, we'll fix it later. As soon as the beans are cooked, we discard them in a colander and let them cool slightly, after which we move them into a blender, add our minced meat, olive oil, salt, pepper, spices there. We puree to the consistency you like. At the very end, the pate can be slightly acidified with finely chopped lemon.
Perhaps it will surprise you, but dishes from such a familiar and beloved by many beans appeared on our tables not so long ago. Back in the seventeenth century, beans were grown only in the botanical gardens of Europe, as one of the outlandish plants of the New World. And only in the eighteenth century, beans began their triumphant march through the fields, and dishes from them on the tables of Europeans. In Russia, beans appeared in the sixteenth century, but acquired their culinary significance only by the middle of the eighteenth century, conquering the hearts of our ancestors, who called them Turkish beans. Today, beans are widely grown and are undoubtedly one of the most popular and widespread legumes.
Some housewives, considering bean dishes unnecessarily time-consuming and time-consuming, completely exclude beans from their home menu. And completely in vain. Today we will try to show you that cooking delicious bean dishes may not be difficult at all, and the result of your labors will delight both you and your family. Let's try to figure out and remember how to cook beans together.
In general, when referring to beans in cooking, it is customary to divide them into two different types - green beans and ripe beans. However, by default, speaking of beans, we mean exactly ripe beans, the dry seeds of which are used to prepare many, many dishes. What is not prepared from such beans! Delicious salads and snacks, soups and chili, hot main courses and even desserts. Beans are boiled and stewed, fried and baked, light soufflés and hearty cutlets are prepared from beans. Beans go well with most vegetables, pasta, dairy products, meat and poultry, which makes dishes from it desirable both on the tables of meat-eaters and on the vegetarian menu. Throw in the excellent pairing of beans with any herbs and your favorite seasonings and spices, and you will easily notice that the range of beans dishes is not limited by anything except your culinary imagination and taste preferences.
Today "Culinary Eden" has collected and wrote down for you the most important tips and little culinary tricks, coupled with proven recipes that will surely help even the most inexperienced housewives and tell you how to cook beans.
1. When choosing beans in the store, pay close attention to their appearance. The beans must be smooth, uniform in color and size, free from visible damage and signs of pest damage. Be sure to check if there are stuck beans in the bag, because the stuck beans will indicate to you that the temperature or humidity conditions were violated during storage or transportation, and the high humidity of the beans is a sure sign of their deterioration. When buying pre-packaged beans, make sure the packaging is intact. Examine the bag of beans carefully to make sure there is no excess debris or pests in the bag. When buying loose beans, sniff them before buying. Any extraneous odors, the smell of mustiness, mold, dampness, will indicate that you are being offered low-quality, spoiled beans. It is better to refuse such a purchase, it will not be possible to cook a tasty dish from spoiled beans.
2. Having brought the purchase home, once again carefully inspect the beans, selecting those of them that have traces of damage by pests. Store beans in tightly closed glass jars or plastic and tin containers with tight-fitting lids. In order to avoid the possibility of pest infestation of beans, put two or three unpeeled garlic cloves on the bottom of each jar. You can store beans both at room temperature by placing cans of beans in a dark, dry place, or at a lower temperature by placing a container of beans in the bottom compartment of the refrigerator. In general, the shelf life of beans should not exceed 12-16 months.
3. Cooking most beans dishes begins with pre-soaking and boiling the beans. The beans are soaked in cold water for 12 to 24 hours. During this time, the beans swell and soften slightly, which significantly reduces the cooking time. To make your beans cook even faster and turn out to be softer and more tender, add baking soda to the water while soaking at the rate of one teaspoon of baking soda for every liter of water. Rinse the soaked beans thoroughly in running water, place in a deep saucepan and cover with plenty of water. Never add salt until the end of cooking, as this can cause your beans to remain tough. Then place the pot over high heat, bring the water to a boil, reduce heat, skim off and cook the beans until tender over the lowest heat, periodically checking to see if the beans are covered with water. If necessary, add some boiling water to the beans as they boil. The cooking time depends on the type of beans and the duration of pre-soaking and can range from 30 minutes to two or even three hours. Just regularly check the readiness of the beans and their softness and remember that the finished beans must be absolutely soft, the concept of Al Dente does not apply to beans.
4. Autumn is a great time to taste the deliciously delicious bean salad with pumpkin and goat cheese. Cut into small pieces 400 gr. pumpkin, transfer to a greased baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and bake in a preheated 180 ° oven for 25 minutes. Cool the finished pumpkin and cut into cubes. Throw in a colander and rinse 400 g in cool water. boiled or canned beans. Break into small pieces 200 gr. soft goat cheese. Prepare the dressing separately. To do this, mix 6 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil, 3 tbsp. tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sweet mustard, 1 teaspoon of liquid honey, salt and white pepper to taste. Put the beans in a salad bowl and pour half of the dressing. Top with pumpkin cubes and goat cheese slices. Sprinkle everything with one tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
5. One of the most popular appetizers of Georgian cuisine, lobio, will easily decorate both your daily menu and the festive table. Soak for eight hours, rinse and boil one cup of red beans in five glasses of water. The cooking time will be one and a half to two hours. When the beans are perfectly cooked, pour out one cup of liquid and crush the beans lightly with a crush so that some of the beans turn into puree. Heat 2 tablespoons in a skillet. tablespoons of vegetable oil, add one onion, cut into quarters of rings, and fry until golden brown. Place one cup of peeled walnuts and three cloves of garlic in a blender bowl, chop, add the bean broth, and chop again until puree. Add fried onions to the beans, stir and heat for five minutes over low heat. Then add the nut mass, 1 teaspoon of suneli hops, 1 teaspoon of dried savory, salt and red pepper to taste. Stir and cook everything together, stirring constantly, for five minutes. Remove from heat, add 2 tbsp. tablespoons of red wine vinegar, mix thoroughly and refrigerate. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.
6. It's easy to make a delicious bean soup with shrimp. Heat 3 tablespoons in a saucepan. tablespoons of olive oil, add one finely chopped onion, one celery stalk, chopped into thin rings, and two chopped garlic cloves. Fry over medium heat for seven minutes. Then add 400 gr. boiled or canned beans, two bay leaves, two sprigs of thyme and 500 ml. hot vegetable broth. Mix everything thoroughly, bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, salt and pepper to taste. Use a blender to puree the soup until smooth, then heat over low heat for five minutes. Boil until tender and peel 20 large shrimps. Pour the soup into bowls, add a few shrimp to each bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
7. It is even easier to prepare a delicious spicy cheese soup with red beans. Chop one small onion, one carrot, two celery stalks and chop three garlic cloves into small cubes. Heat 3 tablespoons in a saucepan. tablespoons of olive oil, add vegetables and fry, stirring occasionally, for eight minutes. Then pour in 300 ml.dry white wine, stir and simmer all together over low heat for 10 minutes. In a separate saucepan, boil 1 ½ liter of vegetable stock or water, add 150 g. chopped soft cream cheese and 100 gr. finely grated Parmesan, stir over low heat until the cheese is completely dissolved. Pour the prepared cheese mass into a saucepan with vegetables stewed in wine, stir and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Then add 400 gr. boiled or canned red beans, season with salt and pepper to taste, stir and cook together for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle chopped parsley and thyme over the soup before serving.
8. Chicken drumsticks stewed with white beans and thyme are very tasty. Soak in advance, boil until tender and discard 500 g in a colander. white beans. In a deep skillet, heat 3 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil and sauté six chicken drumsticks over high heat until golden brown, 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the drumsticks to a dish. Add another 1 tbsp to the pan. a spoonful of oil, two finely chopped onions, three chopped garlic cloves, 250 gr. cherry tomatoes, 2 tbsp. tablespoons of chopped parsley and leaves from five sprigs of thyme. Simmer everything together over medium heat, stirring frequently, for two minutes. Then add chicken drumsticks, beans, salt and white pepper to taste. Stir, cover skillet with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer all together for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let it brew for another 10 minutes.
9. Unusually fragrant, tasty and very satisfying beans are obtained with lamb, cooked according to the Lebanese recipe. Soak 250 g for 12 hours. white beans. In a deep saucepan, place one kilogram of lamb on the bones, chopped into portions. Pour in two liters of hot water, bring to a boil, remove the foam and simmer under a lid over medium heat for an hour and a half. Then add the beans, 1 teaspoon allspice and 1 teaspoon cumin and cook together for another hour. Heat 2 tablespoons in a skillet. tablespoons of vegetable oil, add two finely chopped onions and five chopped garlic cloves. Sauté for five minutes until tender, then add 3 tbsp. tablespoons of tomato paste, stir and simmer for another five minutes. Transfer the stewed vegetables to a pot of beans and lamb, add salt and red pepper to taste, mix thoroughly and simmer everything together for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.
10. Dominican chefs offer us to taste a delicious dessert made from beans. Soak 500 gr. soft red beans in warm water for six hours. Drain and chop the beans in a blender. Transfer the chopped beans to a saucepan, add four cups of hot milk, one cup of concentrated milk, three cups of brown sugar, ½ teaspoon of salt, two cinnamon sticks, six cloves, ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg. Mix everything, bring to a boil and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 20 to 30 minutes until thickened. Remove all whole spices, add 1 cup raisins and 6 tbsp. tablespoons of butter. Cook over low heat for another 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and refrigerate. Serve in wide glasses, garnish with fresh fruit slices and whipped cream.
I suggest trying a variation on the classic herring salad. Only we will use another fish. With such a dish you can diversify the festive menu or please your loved ones with a delicious dinner on weekdays.
For cooking you will need:
On a note. When cooking, you can replace salted fish with smoked fish. The aroma "haze" will add piquancy.
Decorate the finished "fur coat" at your discretion with sprigs of greenery or carrot circles.
Ingredients: 2 large spoons of tomato paste and refined oil, 420 g of frozen beans (green beans), 5-6 cloves of garlic, half hot red pepper, 2 carrots, 2 large spoons of hot ketchup, white onion, salt, a pinch of coriander.
This dish is perfect for spicy lovers.
Ketchup is added to the dish 8-9 minutes before readiness.
Hello everyone :) At my mother's house I accidentally found an old magazine with recipes, and, as it turned out, it contains a lot of interesting things. I got carried away by studying it) And now the second dish, prepared according to the recipe from this magazine)
It is about him that I want to tell you today)
Prepare your main ingredients. Peel and rinse the onions. Rinse green onions as well.
Heat 3 tbsp well in a skillet. tablespoons of sunflower oil and fry the green beans on it for 7 to 10 minutes. It took me exactly 8 :) At the end, salt and pepper the beans to taste. Then cool it down. Do not defrost the beans before frying.
Chop the onions into small cubes.
Drain the liquid from the tuna. Separate it from the bone. If possible, remove the skin (without it, I think the salad looks more attractive). Cut into medium pieces.
Combine cooled beans with tuna and onions. Add the remaining sunflower oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Serve. Can be served as a separate dish or with your favorite side dish. You can decorate to your liking. I put a few slices of green onions on top.
Green beans go well with many foods
Green beans are adored by adherents of healthy lifestyle, vegans, vegetarians, gourmets. In addition to the complex of vitamins and minerals, it belongs to low-calorie foods (23 kcal in 100 grams). Many delicious culinary masterpieces are prepared from it due to the combination of beans with meat, vegetables, dairy and sour milk products, eggs, mushrooms and almost any spices. By adding different ingredients to boiled bean pods, you can feed all members of your family with full-fledged tasty and nutritious breakfasts, lunches and dinners all day and they will not even understand that there are beans everywhere. This is especially useful for mums and dads of young children, whom it is difficult to feed even once with something useful.
Thick bean and red fish soup
Nutritious Bean and Fish Soup with Vegetables... You will need 500-800 grams of any fish. Better if it is a fat sea or river dweller. 100 grams of frozen green peas, broccoli, green beans. One large carrot and 2 onions. A couple of lavrushka leaves, a few peas of allspice, salt to taste.
Cooking technology is as follows:
A hearty first course will delight any homemade fussy with its aroma and taste.
Frozen beans fit perfectly into a vegetable stew, complementing an already healthy dish with nutritional value and vitamins.
Stew with vegetables
To prepare the stew you will need:
For vegetable stew, potatoes and zucchini are pre-stewed. They are cleaned, chopped with circles or cubes. Spread in a frying pan, pour boiled water, salt and stew until half cooked. During this time, onions are peeled and cut. You can lightly fry it in butter or vegetable oil until a light caramel crust. Wash tomatoes and peppers, cut into thick slices.
When the potatoes and zucchini become soft, slices of peppers, tomato, onions are added to them, if necessary, add liquid (plain boiled water or any broth), salt, pepper, stew for 10 minutes.
Take a pack of beans out of the freezer, rinse it, cut into pieces, add to the dish being prepared. Close with a lid. The dish will cook for another 7 minutes. During this time, not only the green beans with vegetables will be boiled, but they will be saturated with the taste of each other.
The stew is consumed hot as a full meal. But the next day, after a night in the refrigerator, it becomes a delicious, cool snack for a hot day.
Beans perfectly complement meat products, promotes their better assimilation in the digestive tract. To prepare a dish, you need the following products:
Meat with herbs and finely chopped bean pods
The meat is washed, beaten, cut into pieces and fried until lightly fragrant crust and pleasant aroma. Chop the onion in half rings, add to the meat, add a small amount of water and soy sauce, stew for 10 minutes. During this time, the green beans are boiled, discarded in a colander, allowed to drain off the water, added to the fried meat. Pour sesame seeds, add some salt to taste, mix the components and fry for another minute. Served hot.
TIP! To enhance the sesame note in the dish, the seeds are pre-fried in a dry frying pan, and a stack of sesame fragrant oil is poured into the meat at the end.
A hearty, but light salad is suitable for people who watch their figures. Due to their low calorie content, green beans not only allow you to maintain normal weight, but also accelerate metabolic processes.
Hearty and Healthy Chicken Breast and Bean Salad
The salad can be seasoned with mayonnaise, vegetable oil, sour cream, but the original Greek yogurt dressing is best suited for it.
The breast is boiled or steamed. Cool, cut into pieces, lightly fry in a dry frying pan without oil. Eggs are boiled hard-boiled, cooled, cut into halves. Onions are chopped into thin half rings, cucumbers are cut into small cubes or chopped into beautiful thin strips with a special shredder. Tomatoes are cut into 4 pieces. Bean pods are boiled, discarded in a colander, cooled.
Prepare the dressing. Chop greens, garlic, mix in a blender with butter and fermented milk product, salt, pepper.
Put the washed lettuce leaves in a deep bowl. Onions, cucumber, beans, pieces of chicken breast are placed on them. Pour the sauce evenly over. Garnish with chopped cherry and quail eggs before serving. You can sprinkle with herbs or stick in beautiful lilac basil leaves.
This dish combines 2 favorite foods of dieters. But the final product is not very dietary due to frying.
Beans and broccoli in a pan
Cabbage and legumes are boiled and salted. Olive oil is heated in a frying pan. Peel the garlic, grind it into crumbs, put it in a pan. As soon as a pleasant garlic smell appears, boiled vegetables are added. Fry over high heat for 3 minutes, then transfer to a salad bowl or portioned plates, pour over with lemon juice and decorate with herbs.
TIP! Instead of roasting vegetables, you can grill them. Set the temperature to medium, preheat the grill, place the vegetables on the wire rack and cook for 3 minutes. And for dressing, they heat olive or sesame oil with garlic and basil in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
Delicious asparagus beans. My two favorite recipes